Paul Jackson Music

Paul Jackson Music

Wednesday 21 December 2016

#34: Wrapping Up The Present

So as I wrap up another year, I have a brief look back over musical activity in this area. Not one but two Duster Jack albums were composed and recorded and uploaded to the Bandcamp site in the last two months.


Both were fun to write and record and kept within the instrumental electro synth dance style that fit under the Duster Jack moniker.




You can stream and download them here..

Theory Of Something
https://paulajackson.bandcamp.com/album/theory-of-something
Timeline
https://paulajackson.bandcamp.com/album/timeline


Since the beginning of the year I've had a Production album which currently consists of finished backing tracks. I did start recording vocals but want to try again and hope to have that done in the new year. I've also started arranging covers for a possible live venture. I have been toying with the idea of playing live again in some form or the other. Initially I wondered about performing original material in a solo electronic set up, as I used to do, but I've also been mulling over the idea of performing as a covers act - interpreting songs from various eras and styles in my own way and while I've rehearsed and recorded some of these, they need a little bit more work.




And aside from creating music, I've felt that I need to go back to having some sort of landing webpage from which to link to Bandcamp and the Blog and wherever else. So there's a few things to set my mind to in 2017. Until then I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment